For Parents and Educators
Our associate’s degree programs are ideal for students who are new to higher education and want the flexibility and convenience of going to school on their terms. These students typically pursue an associate’s degree online first, helping them build communication, problem-solving, research and critical-thinking skills. They establish a foundation—while gaining confidence—for further study at the bachelor's degree level.*
Simply put, we help students develop the tools needed for academic achievement in a college environment.
How Does it Work?
Online students can log on and learn—at their convenience. Coursework is completed through electronic forums. Students are required to participate online in class discussions at least four days a week. But they choose the days and times.
Nine weeks in length, associate’s-level online courses are offered two at a time, in blocks. Classes are small and interactive, so students stay engaged. They have access to online research libraries and math and writing labs, as well as an array of workshops designed to support their academic success. Faculty members also are easily accessible to provide insight and assistance.
New students who prefer to go to class on campus may instead enroll in a bachelor’s degree program available at one of our over 100 locations. They’ll follow a similar curriculum, but take just one five-week course at a time.
We’re the largest private university in North America, with 100 locations across the country. Our online learning format has been developed from more than 20 years of innovation and leadership in delivering higher education online.
- Flexible scheduling: Students can earn their degrees online or at one of our locations while working.
- Timely graduation: Students never have to wait to get in to any class because it’s full. That means they can keep their education on track, and complete their associate’s degree in as few as 20 months.
- Student support: Students receive personalized support from Graduation Team members who are dedicated to helping students succeed in school. They also have access to individualized attention from faculty members.
- Relevant learning: Students gain the skills needed to build their confidence in a college environment, including communication, problem solving, information utilization and critical thinking.
- Quality faculty: Students learn from faculty members with advanced degrees who are trained to facilitate a dynamic online learning experience.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, University of Phoenix is a member of the North Central Association. Read more about accreditation and licensure.
Online Tuition and Fees
Electronic Course Materials
Graduation Audit Fee
Learn more about enrolling today.*College credit granted by University of Phoenix. The successful completion of an associate's degree program offered by University of Phoenix satisfies the general education credit requirements for bachelor's degree programs at University of Phoenix. Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice. While widely available, not all programs are available to residents of all states. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.