Communication Program Outcomes
A University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Communication degree in the College of Social Sciences will give you the skills and training to become an effective global communicator. You will build your personal and professional communication competence to work in a variety of public and private settings.
Communication graduates span a variety of career paths including public relations, writers, editors, media specialists, copywriters, marketing and communications professionals.
A communication degree also serves as a foundation for advanced learning in other fields of study. Additionally, with three degree concentrations available in the BS in Communications program, you can acquire advanced communication skills in the areas of culture, technology and marketing and sales.
Become a Global Communicator
As a Bachelor of Science in Communication graduate, you’ll master these competencies:
- Apply ethical principles in human communication
- Apply research methods in the field of communication
- Apply theoretical concepts of communication in your professional and personal life
- Recognize the legal implications of communication events/environments
- Apply human and social interaction strategies in interpersonal, intercultural and organizational settings
- Understand the relevance of historical foundations of communication in order to forecast similar trends in contemporary society
Our graduates also build a strong portfolio of professional skills, practical training and networking opportunities. Our collaborative learning team environments enable students to experience working with other people and learn how to think critically, utilize information, make decisions and solve problems. With the guidance of faculty who are working professionals in the communications field, students benefit from learning firsthand how theory is applied to real-life situations.
or call us