Frequently Asked Questions
University of Phoenix
This policy applies to both online and offline collection, storage, processing, and transfer of personal information. However, certain sites or services may be subject to additional privacy policies or privacy disclosures relating to the services provided on the site(s) (collectively "Additional Policies").
Yes. For example, if you are or subsequently become a student at the University, your educational records are subject to the U.S. federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), state laws and University policies. Additionally, when you access the websites hosted by our Educational Partners, Unrelated Entities, and Business Associates, the providers of the websites may collect your Personal Information and may apply their own policies on how your Personal Information is used.
You may be able to opt-out of our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in other situations subject to applicable contractual, academic, legal or technical restrictions and reasonable notice.
If you do not wish to receive marketing telephone calls or mailings, express your choice to opt out by emailing Office.ComplianceUOPX@phoenix.edu.
If you do not want your browsing behavior on the sites to be collected for online behavioral advertising purposes, visit http://info.evidon.com/pub_info/184?v=1. Additional opt out information can be found in the policy.
If you desire to prevent the release of directory and educational record information in accordance with FERPA, a FERPA Hold you may place on your academic file. Review your University's FERPA policy.
- "Business Associates" means third party service providers which Apollo Education Group, Inc. or the University may contract with to provide services on our behalf including but not limited to, Social Networking, hosting, web analytics, Online Behavioral Advertising, lead generation, academic, business, career, or financial services.
- “Do Not Track” or “DNT” means a browser based signal that, when set, signifies an internet user’s desire not to be tracked online.
- "Educational Partners" means a.) Apollo Education Group, Inc., University of Phoenix, and their subsidiaries and affiliates including companies or institutions that Apollo Education Group, Inc. or its subsidiaries may be providing educational or other related services to under contract and b.) third party companies who may participate in Apollo Education Group, Inc. or University of Phoenix career initiatives (e.g. potential employers).
- "Financial Information" means specific Personal Information of a financial nature such as your credit card number.
- "Information" means any information collected and includes: "Personal Information", "Financial Information", "Web Analytical Information" or any other Information collected from you through our Sites.
- "Personal Information" means Information that may be used, alone or in combination, to identify a specific individual and includes Financial Information.
- “Online Behavioral Advertising" means the collection of data from a particular computer or device regarding web viewing behaviors over time and across websites for the purpose of using such data to predict user preferences or interests to deliver advertising to that computer or device based on the preferences or interests inferred from such web-viewing behaviors.
- "Site" or "Sites", means websites operated by or exclusively on behalf of University of Phoenix or its parent company Apollo Education Group, Inc. regardless of domain name or IP address.
- "Social Network", means various internet communication technologies provided on Sites that facilitate conversation and interaction between people online and includes, but is not limited to, blogs, discussion forums, wikis, chat sessions, news groups, etc.
- "Social Network Content" (or "SNC") means user-generated content you consent to share via a Social Network and includes, but is not limited to, Personal Information, digital sounds, and pictures that you upload to a Social Network. It also includes your Personal Information that may be displayed on other users'Social Network pages.
- "Your University" means University of Phoenix.
- "We", "us", and "our" refer to your University and Apollo Education Group, Inc.
- "Unrelated Entities" means third parties that are not Educational Partners and who are not providing services as Business Associates.
- "Web Analytical Information" means internet-generated Information we collect when you visit our sites. This Information may be linked with Personal Information. When linked with other Information identifying you personally, either alone or in combination with other Information, then such Information also will be considered Personal Information.
Each time you visit one of our Sites, Web Analytical Information is automatically gathered. In general, this Information does not identify you personally.
We will take commercially reasonable measures to secure and store your information to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Information under our control. We utilize industry standard security measures when accepting your credit card Information during any online ordering process, as well as whenever we ask you to login to any of our sites.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact the Office of Compliance at Office.ComplianceUOPX@phoenix.edu or
University of Phoenix
Attn: Office of Compliance
1625 S. Fountainhead Pkwy.
Mail Stop: CF-SX905
Tempe, AZ 85282
If you want access to or wish to update any of your personal information or have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact our University Office of Admissions and Records by phone at 866.766.0766.
University of Phoenix
Attn: Registrar's Office
3201 E. Elwood St.
Mail Stop: CF-A103
Phoenix, AZ 85034-7259