topic title goes here
- Distinguish between debt and equity investments.
- Determine when to use the fair value and equity methods of accounting for investments.
- Prepare journal entries for investments using the fair value and the equity method.
- Distinguish between traditional and derivative financial instruments.
Accounting for Income Taxes
- Calculate current and deferred tax assets and liabilities.
- Differentiate between temporary and permanent differences and between pretax financial income and taxable income.
Accounting for Pensions and Postretirement Benefits
- Differentiate between a defined contribution and a defined benefit plan.
- Record other postretirement benefits.
- Calculate pension liability and expense.
- Determine the components of pension expense.
Accounting Changes and Error Analysis
- Prepare journal entries and disclosures associated with changes in accounting principles, reporting entities, and estimates.
- Prepare journal entries and disclosures associated with changes due to errors.
Owners' Equity and Earnings per Share
- Calculate basic and diluted earnings per share (EPS).
- Record journal entries related to common, preferred, treasury stock, and dividends.
- Distinguish between contributed capital and retained earnings.
- Evaluate promulgated accounting treatments for stock compensation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.