Advanced Financial Accounting –
This course covers business combinations and diversified companies, consolidations of financial statements, segments, and foreign currency transactions.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Accounting for Investments
- Explain the cost and equity methods of accounting for investments.
- Distinguish between the cost method and the equity method of accounting.
- Describe the role of the International Accounting Standards Board.
Foreign Currency Transactions and Translations
- Record foreign currency transactions.
- Prepare financial statements translated from foreign currency.
Consolidation: 100% Ownership
- Record consolidation and elimination journal entries under conditions of 100% ownership.
- Prepare consolidating financial statements under conditions of 100% ownership.
Consolidation: Less Than 100% Ownership
- Record consolidation and elimination journal entries under conditions of less than 100% ownership and economic unit, parent company, and proportionate consolidation concepts.
- Prepare consolidating worksheets under conditions of less than 100% ownership.
- Record upstream and downstream intercompany transaction journal entries.
- Prepare consolidated statements of cash flows.
- Calculate consolidated earnings per share.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.