topic title goes here
Introduction to Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Differentiate between purpose, content, and users of the financial statements.
- Evaluate a companyâs profitability, liquidity, and solvency using financial information.
- Recognize financial reporting concepts.
Accounting Transactions and Concepts
- Analyze effects of business transactions on financial statements.
- Explain revenue and expense recognition principles.
- Differentiate between the cash and accrual methods of accounting.
Financial Analysis and Managerial Accounting Concepts
- Interpret a comparative analysis of financial statements.
- Perform ratio analyses using financial statements.
- Evaluate the distinguishing features of managerial accounting.
- Differentiate between job, process, and activity-based costing.
- Distinguish between under- and over-applied overhead.
- Relate costing methods to managerial decision-making.
- Apply cost-volume-profit concepts to managerial decision making.
- Prepare a costâvolumeâprofit analysis to identify contribution margin.
- Evaluate the effects of operating leverage on profitability.
Budgetary Planning and Control
- Determine appropriate budget types for business situations.
- Analyze budgets to detect variances.
- Formulate corrective actions to address variances.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.