acc574 | Graduate
topic title goes here
Management Accountability and the Political Process
- Discuss the similarities and differences between General Fund and Special Revenue Funds.
- Evaluate the effects of public policy and the political process on budgeting in the national, state, and local levels.
- Distinguish the patterns of stability and change in taxation and spending.
Budget Preparation and Execution
- Explain budget preparation, budget enactment, and budget execution at the national, state, and local levels.
- Explain how shortcomings of the budget process at the national level affect the pass-through to the state and local levels.
- Assess the impact of budgetary reform movements on governmental budgeting.
Nature of Public Budgeting
- Explain the cyclical nature of budget development, execution, and evaluation.
- Describe the sources and uses of revenue in public budgeting.
- Differentiate between the various budgeting approaches used in the public sector.
Political Process and Public Policy in Budgeting
- Differentiate among political, economic, social, and cultural influences on public budgeting.
- Explain the role of an agency budget office.
- Analyze strategies used to develop, implement, and justify existing and new programs.
Budgetary Analysis Techniques
- Evaluate common expenditure forecasting approaches.
- Differentiate between cost effectiveness analysis and cost benefit analysis.
- Explain accounting for the levy, collection, revenue recognition, and enforcement of taxes.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.