Leadership Strategies For Educators – adm506 (3 credits)
This course is designed to guide participants in the practical application of current trends and strategies of school leadership and organizational culture. Participants explore the roles and responsibilities of leadership, including decision making, communication, collaboration, and conflict management. A further emphasis is responsiveness to legislation and implementation of standards, including Common Core, to facilitate positive school change.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
Positive School Change
- Create a plan to guide positive school change.
- Evaluate school changes.
- Illustrate the process of change.
- Assess the challenges for implementing school change.
Leadership and Decision Making
- Distinguish traits of effective leadership.
- Analyze leadership styles.
- Analyze the role and responsibility of a school leader's authority, power, and influence.
- Compare decision-making processes.
- Summarize the elements of organizational culture.
- Describe the cultural elements of an effective school.
- Illustrate how an administrator can promote a positive organizational culture.
- Measure a school's climate.
- All objectives apply.
Communication, Collaboration, and Conflict Management
- Describe the benefits of effective communication and collaboration.
- Explain how to honor diversity through communication and collaboration.
- Identify sources of conflict.
- Generate strategies to manage conflict.
- Determine effective ways to communicate and collaborate.
Standards and Legislation
- Determine how to lead and promote the implementation of standards.
- Determine how to lead and coordinate responsiveness to current legislation.
- Create strategies for mobilizing stakeholders.
- Illustrate methods to overcome challenges.
- Develop a plan to research and share current trends.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.