adm511 | Graduate
Personnel Administration For Educators
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Performance Evaluation and Compensation
- Assess the issues regarding performance-based pay for educators.
- Describe the key elements of a comprehensive and effective teacher performance evaluation system.
- Describe the current standards used for teacher evaluation.
- Analyze the effects of compensation on a school districtâs ability to attract, motivate, and retain highly qualified employees.
Collective Bargaining and Legal Aspects
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of human resources and teacher unions regarding collective bargaining.
- Explain the legal framework within which public schools operate.
- Analyze the legal protections related to terms and conditions of employment.
Overview of the Human Resources Function
- Identify the essential elements of human resources administration.
- Compare the processes of the three main components of human resources.
- Illustrate the relationship between strategic planning and human resources.
- Describe how legal principles and ethics are embedded in human resources strategic planning.
Recruitment, Selection, Placement and Induction, and Motivation and Development
- Differentiate between the main internal and external recruitment methods used by school districts.
- Illustrate the process of recruiting, screening, and interviewing job applicants.
- Rate the criteria for selecting a teacher.
- Apply the considerations in placement of personnel.
- Explain the purpose of each step in an induction program.
- Interpret the equation Performance = Motivation x Ability.
- Evaluate the staff development process.
- Explain how fiscal and legal constraints affect a school districtâs recruitment process.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.