admin524 | Graduate
Supervision Of Curriculum, Instruction And Assessment
topic title goes here
Supervision and Evaluation of Teachers
- Examine classroom observation techniques.
- Analyze multiple and varied ways of supervising and evaluating teachers.
- Propose strategies for working with teachers following evaluation to improve their performance.
Supervision of Assessment
- Utilize technology to gather assessment data and to determine issues based on the data.
- Develop a plan for effectively communicating test results to parents.
- Describe the continuous school improvement model.
- Create a plan for using assessment data to guide the development of a school improvement plan.
- Compare and contrast types of assessments administered by K-12 districts, schools, and teachers.
- Analyze the uses of assessment by districts, schools, and teachers.
Supervision of Staff Development
- Explain collaborative teaching practices as staff development.
- Identify the characteristics of effective in-service programs for diverse teachers and staff.
- Examine the effectiveness of staff development as a tool for school improvement.
- Analyze the principal’s role in assisting teachers in evaluating their own performance.
Supervision and Leadership
- Define supervision and leadership.
- Examine historical approaches to supervision and leadership.
- Differentiate among characteristics of effective supervisory and leadership traits, knowledge, and skills.
- Analyze issues influencing supervision and leadership.
Supervision of Instruction
- Analyze issues related to supervising and evaluating instruction.
- Examine varied approaches to instructional planning for diverse learners.
- Analyze the elements of effective differentiated instruction.
- Determine the elements of effective classroom management.
- Compare and contrast techniques for evaluating instruction.
- Analyze the principal’s role in promoting effective instruction.
Supervision of Curriculum
- Examine varied approaches to developing curriculum that address diverse learners.
- Examine the role of technology in curriculum development.
- Analyze the elements of effective curriculum implementation.
- Critique methods of evaluating curriculum development and implementation.
- Analyze the principal’s role in effective development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.