aet505 | Graduate
Foundations Of Adult Education And Training
topic title goes here
Adult Learning Environment
- Describe the most common challenges in an education or in a training environment.
- Describe the characteristics of formal and informal adult education and training settings.
- Apply ethics to adult learning environments.
- Explore the application of critical thinking in the adult learning environment.
- Examine the motivation of adults in the learning environment.
History of Adult Learning
- Explore the history of adult learning.
- Compare and contrast andragogy and pedagogy.
- Examine adult learning in a contemporary society.
- Explain the impact of federal mandates on adult education and training.
Purposes and Principles of Adult Education and Training
- Analyze the purposes of adult education and training.
- Examine the fundamental principles of adult learning.
- Identify the providers of adult education and training.
- Explore subject-matter categories of adult learning.
Adult Development and Learning
- Examine the biological and psychological development of adult learners.
- Analyze the influences of sociocultural and integrative perspectives on development.
- Explore cognitive development in adulthood.
- Examine the notion of intelligence in reference to adult learners.
- Explain memory and cognition.
- Analyze the adult learning process and experience.
- Examine key theories of learning.
Learning Transactions with Adults
- Identify characteristics of adult learners.
- Analyze the impact of learning styles on adult learning.
- Examine ways to utilize andragogical techniques.
- Compare and contrast traditional and non-traditional instructional models.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.