aet520ca | Graduate
Instructional Strategies In Adult Education And Training
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Management of the Instructional Environment
- Describe appropriate responses to challenging participant behavior.
- Identify elements of effective course syllabi/instructional agendas.
- Analyze proactive management strategies.
Critical Thinking and Problem-Based Learning for Adults
- Examine problem-based learning.
- Employ components of critical thinking to improve cognitive skills.
Effective Communication and Instructional Techniques
- Describe effective communication for facilitators.
- Analyze the relationship between interpersonal skills and instruction.
- Examine information components of an instructional module/training plan.
- Explain components in the development of an instructional module/training plan.
- Analyze components in the implementation of an instructional module/training plan.
- Examine planning and instructional variables.
Engagement of Adult Learners
- Analyze methods of engaging the adult learner.
- Describe the essential components of collaborative learning.
- Describe compelling questioning techniques.
- Examine the roles of the facilitator and the learner in various instructional approaches.
- Examine teaching/training concepts.
- Explain the rationale for selected instructional approaches.
- Create an audience-appropriate instructional module/training plan.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.