Facilitating Instruction For Diverse Adult Learners –
This course focuses on facilitation strategies for meeting the needs of diverse adult learners. It examines differences among adult learners in language, literacy skills, and learning styles. It also utilizes previous learning experiences and provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide differentiated instruction to address different needs. In addition, this course covers the challenges and the opportunities that diversity and multiculturalism present in facilitating adult education and training.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Connecting with the Adult Learner
- Review characteristics of adult learners.
- Identify learning styles of diverse adult learners.
- Describe the diverse adult learner population.
- Analyze characteristics of effective facilitators for diverse learners.
Challenges and Opportunities of Diversity and Multiculturalism in Adult Learning
- Examine demographic profiles influencing adult learning.
- Examine the psychographic factors influencing adult learning.
- Identify categories of special needs learners.
- Explore challenges and opportunities of diversity and multiculturalism in adult education and training.
Implications for the Facilitation of Instruction for Diverse Adult Learners
- Analyze types of regulations and policies that impact facilitation of instruction for diverse adult learners.
- Examine the facilitation implications for multicultural adult learners.
- Examine the implications of multicultural facilitators on adult learners.
Strategies for Effective Facilitation of Instruction for Diverse Adult Learners
- Examine how to establish a foundation for working with adult learners.
- Explore effective learning environments for diverse learners.
- Analyze differentiated instruction as an effective means of facilitating learning.
Supportive Strategies for Diverse Adult Learners
- Examine strategies for engaging diverse adults in their learning.
- Examine classroom communication strategies that support diverse adult learners.
- Identify support services for diverse adult learners.
- Explore language and literacy challenges that impact facilitation of instruction for diverse adult learners.
Effective Diverse Curriculum
- Explore continuous improvement techniques to monitor and to adjust facilitation methods.
- Examine best practices to monitor diverse adult learners’ achievement of outcomes.
- Demonstrate modification strategies for assignments, instruction, and assessments for diverse learners.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.