ajs522 | Graduate
Finance And Budgeting In Justice And Security
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Annual Budget and Short-Term Techniques
- Prepare a budget.
- Assess inventory, personnel, and infrastructure costs.
- Compare and contrast various budget management techniques.
- Compare and contrast the various methods of short-term financing.
Financial Management Principles
- Identify the key players in the budget process.
- Calculate key financial decision tools.
- Evaluate financial analysis tools.
- Recommend organizational alternatives using financial analysis.
- Explain the use of making informed financial decisions.
- Describe the various cost descriptors such as (fixed, variable, direct, indirect, budget cycle, etc.).
- Apply Cost-Benefit analysis to an organizational situation.
Financial Contingency Planning
- Calculate the cost of catastrophic events on the organization (scenarios).
- Explain the concept of Financial Contingency Planning
- Establish the sources of temporary assistance, funding, assets.
Capital Procurement and Strategic Budgetary Strategies
- Describe the Capital Procurement (multi-year), Municipal Bond, and Grant (state and federal) processes.
- Develop and describe the cost of various organizational operational options.
- Evaluate an organization's current and future operational policy.
- Evaluate long-term financial alternatives (e.g., annual budget, political change, bond issues, grants, etc.).
Establishing the Actual Cost of Services
- Calculate present and project the future cost of current operational services.
- List various cost control applications.
- Explain the components of a budget control system.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.