topic title goes here
DNA, Chromosomes, and Genetics
- Describe Gregor Mendel’s investigations into the patterns of inheritance.
- Solve basic genetic problems.
- Explain the role of DNA in inheritance.
- Explain the relationships among human systems.
- Compare physiology of different living organisms.
- Discuss the impact of natural selection in evolution.
- Analyze the implications of the patterns of evolution.
- Assess factors that affect speciation.
- Describe the evidence in support of evolution by natural selection.
- Classify organisms based on characteristics.
- Recognize the factors that influence species population growth.
- Describe an endangered ecological property.
Biotechnology and Ecology
- Assess the ethical issues of biotechnology.
- Describe the relationship of ecology with population growth and community interactions.
- Assess the relationship between demographic factors and human population growth.
Introduction to Biology and the Scientific Method
- Identify characteristics of living organisms.
- Summarize the major theories of biology.
- Apply the scientific method to a real-life scenario.
- Define each step of the scientific method.
Cells - An Introduction
- Discuss concepts on cell theory or spontaneous generation.
- Compare the structures of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
Cells - The Building Blocks of Life
- Describe the processes of photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
- Determine the relationship between environmental factors in photosynthesis.
- Describe the cell cycle.
- Describe the processes and outcomes of mitosis and meiosis.
The Biological World
- Assess the interconnectedness of human activities and the biological world.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.