bio101 | undergraduate
Principles Of Biology
topic title goes here
Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Explain meiosis as it relates to genetics.
- Recognize the structure and function of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) as the molecule of inheritance.
- Describe the foundations of genetics.
- Describe the energy metabolism of cells.
- Apply the scientific method to the creation of hypotheses and experiments.
- Compare structures and functions of different cell types.
- Recognize the fundamental concepts of chemistry in biology.
Evolution and Diversity
- Identify the mechanisms of evolution.
- Describe the role of natural selection in the theory of evolution.
- Recognize the importance of biodiversity.
- Identify the structure and function of the main organs in organisms.
- Explain how organisms have evolved physiologically to become most suited for their environment.
- Evaluate the effects of human activities on ecosystems and the biosphere.
- Illustrate the flow of energy and materials through an ecosystem.
- Describe ecology in terms of population growth and regulation through community interactions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.