topic title goes here
Genetic Diversity and Population Management
- Describe the balance of values, costs, and benefits in successful population management.
- Describe the value of genetic diversity in populations of plants and animals.
- Explain conservation in zoos, aquariums, and botanical gardens.
The Value of Biodiversity
- Differentiate what it means for a species to be threatened, endangered, and extinct.
- Evaluate the criteria for determining the value of species.
- Define biodiversity and conservation biology.
Ecosystems and Economics
- Analyze the value of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
- Explain how human society alters plants, animals, and ecosystem dynamics.
- Explain the costs and benefits of human enterprise.
Extinction and Threats to Biodiversity
- Compare past extinctions with current extinction threats.
- Describe the types and consequences of overexploitation on biodiversity.
- Describe invasive species and their threat to biodiversity.
Conservation, Management, and Ecosystem Protection
- Prioritize conservation efforts based on values and biological principles.
- Explain management of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
- Determine practical and political actions to encourage conservation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.