bio340 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Human Diseases and Immunity
- Analyze the effect immunology has had on society.
- Explain how diseases are transmitted.
- Define terms related to infectious diseases.
- Differentiate between innate and acquired immune systems.
Benefits of Microorganisms
- Identify how microbes affect humans and their environment.
- Analyze the application of genetically engineered products in modern living.
Microbial Growth, Control, and Genetics
- Explain microbial growth and microbial growth control.
- Describe the process of cell division.
- Analyze the role that genetic information plays in biological functions of microorganisms.
Fundamentals of Microbiology and Microorganisms
- Differentiate among types of microorganisms.
- Describe appropriate microscopy and lab techniques.
- Explain historical contributions made by well-known microbiologists.
- Differentiate between the cell structure and functions of eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells.
- Analyze the evolutionary relationships between Eukarya, Archaea, and Bacteria.
- Classify microorganisms by taxonomy.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.