bpa211 | undergraduate
Foundations Of Federal, State, And Local Government
topic title goes here
The Challenge of Federal, State and Local Governments working Together
- Identify projects designed for the common good that need all levels of government working in conjunction with each other.
- Describe the main protections of the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights and how these affect a democratic society.
- Explain how federal, state and local governments are all separate and distinct work together for the common good.
The Politics of Government
- Explain the relationship between politics, special interests, the citizens and governmental leaders and how their interaction creates policy formulation.
- Describe the recent trends in federal and state governmental openness and transparency and the role of the press and media in this movement.
- Explain the importance of public opinion polls, religious beliefs, societal norms and ethical standards to prioritize the services provided by governments.
The Overlap Paradox: Multi Jurisdictions Governments Working Towards Similar Goals
- Examine the inner workings of multi-jurisdictional governmental agencies and the challenges of not duplicating citizen services.
- Describe the recent trend in the concept of shared services and the pros and cons of these programs.
- Identify ways to improve communication and cooperation between various governmental agencies.
Local Government: The Grass Roots America
- Describe the services provided by local governments and identify those services that are most important to everyday living.
- Identify the specialized components of local government.
- Explain the functions of the key members of municipal government including the mayor, the council, the municipal clerk, the engineer and public safety officials.
A New US Government
- Explain the Relationship between various State governments and the Federal government.
- Explain if the theories of the founding fathers behind the Constitution were to promote or protect states’ rights.
- Identify the three levels of State and the Federal government and explain the primary purposes of each.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.