bpa371 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Various Elected Officials Working Towards Similar Goals and Objectives
- Describe the pros and cons that the creation of collaborative leadership might generate in IGRs.
- Determine ways that encourage more effective and efficient IGRs by improving cooperation between agencies.
- Examine how governmental executives create multi-jurisdictional partnerships.
Understanding Metro Politics, Intergovernmental Relations and Multijurisdictional Projects
- Describe the uniqueness of large metropolitan areas and the challenges of providing services without the establishment of IGRs.
- Identify specialized IGR projects that benefit local governments and improve the overall quality of life.
- Explain future roles of local officials working with federal, state and county governments on projects.
Interrelationships of Local and State Governments and Federalism
- Identify the major components of Local, State and the Federal government and explain their primary purposes.
- Explain the statutory relationships between Local Governments, State governments and the Federalism.
- Identify the theories of various governments particularly their interrelationships with one another.
Implementing Intergovernmental Relationships Internationally
- Examine how governments are distinct but possess a mechanism to engage in intergovernmental agreement.
- Identify agreements or projects promoted between the United States and other nations for the common good.
- Describe the main aspects of Intergovernmental Relationships (IGRs) and some means available to measure outcomes.
Governmental Finance and Budgeting
- Compare the funding mechanisms of the federal government, state governments, county governments and local governments.
- Explain the budgeting process of governments and oversight agencies that impact the creation of governmental budgets.
- Analyze the importance of supplemental funding methods on the budget preparation and creation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.