Systems Analysis Tools –
This course builds upon the methodologies examined in Systems Analysis Methodologies by providing an emphasis on analysis tools – computer and non-computer supported. Emphasis is placed on when and how Microsoft® Visio® may be used for analysis.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Framework for Use of System Analysis Tools
- Identify organizational systems development methodologies.
- Compare systems analysis tools.
- Produce use cases for a business problem.
- Analyze business process modeling.
- Produce a functional decomposition diagram.
- Analyze an entity-relationship diagram.
- Produce a data dictionary.
- Produce data flow diagrams depicting data movement.
- Differentiate between decision tables and decision trees.
- Produce process specifications.
Interaction Modeling Using Unified Modeling Language
- Analyze the use of class, responsibility, and collaborator cards.
- Analyze activity, sequence, and state diagrams.
- Produce a system model using unified modeling language.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.