Emotional Intelligence For Managers – bsceu1020 (0 credits)
In this course, students will assess their current emotional intelligence capabilities, determine their strengths, and identify areas for improvement. Students will examine how emotions affect behavior and how those behaviors impact their relationships with others. Students will also develop strategies for managing the emotional energy in themselves and others. This course provides 0.8 continuing education units in two, 4-hour workshops.
This non-credit course is 2 weeks. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
Evaluating Emotional Intelligence
- Recognize current self-understanding abilities as they relate to a current degree of emotional intelligence.
- Identify your current abilities to regulate emotions.
- Identify the current degree of social recognition.
- Assess current social regulation skills as they relate to emotional intelligence.
Applying Emotional Intelligence In A Business Environment
- Interpret personal emotions and how to improve emotional intelligence.
- Recognize and regulate emotions.
- Identify and improve social recognition and regulation skills.
- List emotional intelligence strategies to build an emotionally intelligent team.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs) cannot be converted into academic credit. It is the student's responsibility to confirm whether or not CEUs/PDUs earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by employers and/or applicable licensing agencies.