bscom300 | undergraduate
Advertising And The Media
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
What is Advertising?
- Explain integrated marketing communication (IMC) and how it is used in modern advertising.
- Identify the seven trends that characterize modern mass media.
- Compare the functional and the critical or cultural approaches to classifying mass communication.
- Determine the effect of media technologies on culture and society, considering how this may have changed or remained consistent throughout history.
Consumer Behavior and Advertising Strategies
- Summarize steps in advertising research.
- Explain the impact of advertising on audiences.
- Describe how to use advertising strategies to impact consumer behavior.
- Discuss how to identify which strategy to use on a given audience.
Crafting the Message
- Differentiate message strategy from advertising strategy.
- Determine when and how to use the different types of advertising mediums to support an organizationâs goals.
- Compare and contrast the different types of print, electronic, and digital media.
- Compare the advantages and drawbacks of print, electronic, and digital media in advertising.
Choosing the Medium for Effective Message Delivery
- Identify challenges associated with messaging through print, electronic, and digital media.
- Explain how the emergence of digital media has changed advertising.
- Analyze the transitional period we are now in and how it impacts the use of print, electronic, and digital media.
- Explain the pros and cons of print, electronic, and digital media in message delivery.
Ethics, Regulation, and the Future of Advertising
- Summarize ethical principles as they relate to advertising and media.
- Outline the important laws, rules, and regulations that inform advertising in the United States.
- Create an advertisement.
- Explain the effect of media convergence on contemporary advertising.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.