bshs465 | undergraduate
Professional Development And Identity
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Understanding the Role of Self-Awareness in Human Services
- Explain the core concepts that define self-awareness.
- Determine self-awareness strategies used for effective human service delivery.
- Evaluate the relationship between self-awareness and effective human service delivery.
Integrating Self-Understanding Into Human Services Work
- Evaluate the function of personal styles in relation to different situations and settings.
- Identify personal and professional qualities important to developing key relationships in human services.
- Apply self-awareness strategies for personal and professional growth.
Examining Personal Values and Belief Systems
- Define personal values and their role in human behavior.
- Evaluate the influence of personal values on the delivery of service.
- Explain the use of belief systems as guiding principles for human service delivery.
Maximizing the Influence of Self-Care on the Quality of Service
- Define self-care and its influence on your role as a human service professional and at a personal level.
- Develop a self-care strategy that addresses stress reduction and stress management techniques to help yourself and others.
- Evaluate the relationship between self-care and job performance.
Cultural Issues Affecting the Delivery of Service
- Describe cultural issues as they relate to self-awareness and the delivery of service.
- Evaluate the influence of cultural diversity on human service issues.
- Determine effective strategies used to identify culturally-based indicators and methods used to work with cultural issues.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.