The Sustainable Organization –
This course focuses on the business practices and tools that add economic, social, and ethical value to the business resources of a sustainable enterprise. Emphasis is placed on the general science of sustainability, consumptive calculations of manufacturing, and the impact of business decisions on the environment.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Financial Considerations for the Sustainable Organization
- Define environmental accounting.
- Assess the financial viability and desirability of sustainable development initiatives.
Applications of Lifecycle Concepts and Tools in the Sustainable Organization
- Analyze the importance of supply and value chains in achieving sustainable development in an organization.
- Determine performance improvement needs using lifecycle definition and assessment methods.
Moving from Sustainable Development to Sustainable Growth and Security
- Explain transparency in public reporting.
- Define Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)® standards.
- Describe green product design concepts and methods.
Operational Management in the Sustainable Organization
- Design an environmental audit event using needs assessment tools.
- Demonstrate continuous-improvement problem resolution methods to remedy poor performance issues identified during an audit.
- Demonstrate success measurement methods in resolving poor performance issues.
Managing Change in the Sustainable Organization
- Determine obstructionist behaviors threatening environmental initiatives.
- Propose environmental initiatives using structured change management methods.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.