topic title goes here
Human Resource Management
- Explain the ways that Human Resource Management impacts a business.
Technology, Goods, and Services
- Identify standard IT applications used in business.
- Describe the typical hardware and software components of business technology.
- Examine the effects and costs of operations and material management in business.
The Big Picture
- Identify career paths within the business environment.
- Create a portfolio based on core business principles.
- Summarize the major components of the contingency theory of leadership.
- Discuss the components of persuasive communication.
- Explain the types of political tactics used in business.
Legal and Ethical Issues in Business
- Compare and contrast business ethics and the law.
- Recognize the effects of ethics decisions in business.
Introduction to Business
- Compare and contrast profit and profitability.
- Describe the impact of supply and demand on a market economy.
- Identify the main components of business.
The Changing Environment of Business
- Explain the different forms of business organization.
- Describe how business has evolved from feudalism, mercantilism and capitalism.
Organizational Behavior and Culture
- Explain how organizational culture can impact a business.
- Identify theories of work motivation.
- Identify the characteristics of high-performing groups and teams.
- Compare and contrast different types of organizational structure.
The Human Side of Business
- Outline the four functions of management.
- Describe the roles and behaviors of entrepreneurs, managers and employees.
- Examine a business plan using SWOT analysis.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.