Survey Of Green And Sustainable Business – bus304 (3 credits)
This course provides an overview of the evolution and modern concepts of sustainable management in business. This includes how environmental principles developed into modern sustainable management practices; the influences of technology; product and service design; and the regulatory environment of sustainable business.
History of the Green Movement
- Evaluate the role of technology in a green and sustainable business.
- Analyze factors that affect the progression of the green and sustainable business movement.
- Outline the historical development of the green and sustainable business movement as it relates to the physical environment.
Green Product and Service Design
- Determine the influence of green and sustainable principles on product service and design.
- Identify ways to modify existing manufacturing processes to incorporate green and sustainable product design.
Sustainable Business Planning
- Identify operational areas in a business that maximize recycling and reduce carbon footprint.
- Recognize key business decisions to encourage green and sustainable business practices.
- Indicate green and sustainable considerations when planning a business.
Regulatory Environment and Sustainable Business Trends
- Describe regulatory compliance issues for green and sustainable businesses.
- Identify governmental and non-governmental organizations involved with green and sustainable business practices.
- Recognize marketing and public relations strategies to promote a green image of a business.
- Identify green and sustainable business trends.
Introduction to Green and Sustainable Businesses
- Define the terms green and sustainable as they relate to business.
- Explain characteristics and benefits of a green and sustainable business.
- Compare and contrast the goals of a traditional business with a green and sustainable business.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.