bus372 | undergraduate
Business Sustainability Standards
topic title goes here
Environmental Law and the Impact of Waste and Energy Management on Industry
- Analyze the impact of U.S.energy policy on organizations and the impact of alternative or renewable energy.
- Compare and contrast removal versus remedial business actions in waste management.
- Determine how an organization could be named as a “potentially responsible party” (PRP) with regard to hazardous waste.
Current Trends and Introduction to ISO 14000 and LEED
- Describe the drivers of organizational and environmental responsibility.
- Explain the ISO 14001 approach to Environmental Management Systems (EMS).
- Differentiate LEED® Certification from ISO Certification.
Sustainability Leadership and Competitive Advantage
- Analyze environmental value creation and its impact on competitive advantage.
- Explain how the balanced environmental scorecard is used in evaluating business performance.
- Describe the stakeholders’ role in environmental value creation.
ISO 14001 Requirements
- Describe ISO 14001 requirements in regard to environmental, legal, and operational policies.
- Analyze the application of ISO 14001 requirements to business practices.
Sources of Law and Organizational Impact
- Identify the various sources of environmental law in the United States.
- Describe the impact of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on industry and organizations.
- Explain the implications of the United States v. Hayes International Corporation case for business practices.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.