bus502 | Graduate
The External Factors That Impact Business
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Distribution Channels, Promotion, and Consumer Behavior
- Describe the different types of organizations that work together in a supply chain.
- Compare the different methods of promotion.
- Analyze how organizations build strong customer relationships and customer value through marketing.
The Global Business Environment and Global Ethics
- Define the various forms of economic protectionism related to international trade.
- Identify the various organizations and agreements that govern international trade.
- Differentiate between global ethics, laws, and corporate social responsibility.
- Differentiate between secondary and primary research.
- Identify the various forms of primary data collection.
- Design a market research study.
Environmental Scanning and Strategy Formulation
- Apply a SWOT analysis and Porterâs 5 Competitive Forces to analyze the internal and external environment of a business.
- Define Porterâs three generic strategies, the three Directional or Grand strategies, and the BCG Growth-Share Matrix.
- Identify various functional strategies that can be used to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
Strategy Implementation and Controls
- List the stages of corporate development and the structure that characterizes each stage.
- Identify the principles and practices behind process reengineering and Total Quality Management.
- Design an action plan that meets the strategic direction.
- Assess performance based on various measurements.
Positioning, Product Development, and Pricing
- Apply a segmentation model to create a target market.
- Develop a positioning statement for a selected target market.
- Explain the product life cycle and the objectives and strategies for each stage.
- Identify the factors that affect a firmâs pricing decisions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.