ccmh511 | Graduate
Fundamental Counseling Skills
topic title goes here
- Assess personal counseling communication skills.
- Describe the skilled counselor training model and how it relates to counselor self-efficacy.
- Explain the importance of ongoing self-assessment.
Exploring and Building Rapport
- Evaluate the use of general helping skills.
- Describe strategies for building rapport with clients.
Developing Client Understanding
- Describe ethical concerns in counseling, including self-disclosure.
- Describe communication strategies to assess client strengths.
- Identify therapeutic situations in which âYou feelâ statements can be used effectively.
Establishing Goals and Taking Action
- Apply the decision-making process to a specific counseling scenario.
- Demonstrate the contracting process.
- Describe techniques for assessing a clientâs unique cultural perspective.
- Apply personal counseling communication skills.
- Explain how to modify counseling communication strategies based on a clientâs unique cultural perspective.
- Demonstrate counselor characteristics and behaviors that influence the helping process.
Consultation and Professionalism
- Explain the benefits and necessity of consultation in the counseling profession.
- Assess the importance of professional behavior and professional boundaries in counseling.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.