topic title goes here
Solutions and Chemical Equilibrium
- Calculate mass percent, molarity, and molality.
- Calculate freezing-point and boiling-point elevations.
- Identify the relationships between reaction rates and chemical equilibrium.
Bases and Electron Transfer
- Compare the properties of acids and bases.
- Write balanced equations for neutralization reactions.
- Describe the transfer of electrons in oxidation–reduction reactions.
Atoms and Molecules
- Describe the periodic nature and properties of atoms and elements.
- Describe the patterns of relative atomic size and atomic mass in the periodic table.
- Write the names and formulas for compounds.
- Calculate the formula mass of a molecule.
Introduction to Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Describe the fundamentals of biological chemistry.
Describe the fundamentals of organic chemistry.
Fundamentals of Chemistry
- Explain the steps in the scientific method.
- Convert units from one standard to another standard.
- Describe the laws of conservation of mass and energy.
- Identify reactants and products in a chemical reaction.
Write balanced equations and net ionic equations for chemical reactions.
Perform mole-to-mole and mass-to-mass conversions.
Chemical Bonding and Chemical Structures
- Determine the valence electron number of an atom.
- Determine the shapes of chemical compounds.
- Differentiate between ionic and covalent bonds.
Phases of Matter and Intermolecular Forces
- Explain the behavior and properties of gases, liquids, and solids.
- Identify the intermolecular forces acting between molecules.
Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- Compare radioactive-decay particles.
- Identify modern uses of radioactivity and radioisotopes.
- Describe the half-life of radioactive compounds.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.