cis297 | undergraduate
Computer Security And Operational Support Fundamentals
topic title goes here
Operating System (OS) Security Settings
- Troubleshoot operating system failures.
- Define criteria for creating and deleting accounts.
- Mitigate risks of default settings to individual and system security.
- Describe the security features of common data encryption methods.
- Explain the effects of patch management compliance on organizations.
Securing Mobile Devices
- Identify multiple authentication actions for mobile devices.
- Summarize the risks associated with mobile login access practices.
- Describe when to use device encryption.
- Outline accessibility and user permission practices to protect data on mobile devices.
- Explain how to maintain data synchronization between mobile, desktops, and corporate servers.
SOHO Security for Wireless and Wired Networks
- Identify elements and characteristics of a secured wired and wireless networks.
- Identify security capabilities of standard network devices.
- Compare and contrast public vs. private network firewall and anti-virus requirements.
- Describe policies and procedures appropriate to protect small business networks against common security issues.
- Identify Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) network components.
Data Security and Data Disposition Needs
- Describe organizational data encryption best practices.
- Explain methods for complete data destruction.
- Compare and contrast the security risks of data storage and retrieval types.
- Identify data destruction and hardware disposal methods that comply with common safety and environmental laws and regulations.
Identify Common Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Identify types of security threats to computing resources.
- Explain how security breaches can occur.
- Compare and contrast physical and digital security capabilities.
- Describe how the use of policies can minimize the risk of security threats to computing resources.
- Troubleshoot individual user account security vulnerabilities.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.