topic title goes here
Building a Simple Network (TCP/IP)
- Describe basic performance features of an Ethernet network.
Explain key functions of the Transport layer.
Describe the devices that work at the lower layers of the OSI model and their functions.
Identify issues related to increased traffic on an Ethernet LAN.
- Describe how data packets travel through Ethernet LAN networks.
- List and describe features and functions of Cisco IOS Software
Ethernet LANs (Switching)
Describe functions and performance of a Layer 2 Switch.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Cisco IOS utilizing online labs.
Wireless LANs and Voice over IP (VoIP)
Describe the basic components and topology of a wireless network.
Explain the need for wireless security and the basic steps that need to be taken to secure a wireless network.
Recognize the basic components and requirements needed to support VoIP.
Building a Simple Network
- Identify common physical components of various network topologies.
- Compare common security threats and threat mitigation options.
- Identify the layers of the OSI Model and basic functions of each level.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.