cja394 | undergraduate
Contemporary Issues And Futures In Criminal Justice
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Past, Present, and Future Trends in Corrections: Institutional and Corrections Systems
- Identify the current and future issues facing prisons and prison administrators today.
- Evaluate past, present, and future trends pertaining to the development and operation of institutional and community based corrections.
- Analyze the role/issue of various correctional models, approaches and systems as a developing trend.
- Analyze Legislative and correctional philosophies associated with increasing correctional populations.
- Hypothesize future correctional problems including potential solutions.
Past, Present, and Future Trends of the Courts: Development and Operations
- Articulate court purposes and responsibilities and the importance of strategic planning and vision as foundations of successful court management.
- Discuss future management issues and trends regarding language interpretation services.
- Appraise the impact of court consolidation and restructuring on future court processes and responsibilities.
Assess the past, present, and future impact that victim rights laws have on court proceedings.
Identify the current and future issues facing courts and court administrators today.
Criminal Justice System Assessment
- Evaluate past, present, and future trends in the interface between components of the criminal justice system and criminal justice connections with surrounding society.
- Assess the value of the criminal justice system in a changing society.
- Examine contemporary issues currently facing the Criminal Justice System.
- Identify recent and future trends and issues affecting the criminal justice system.
Past, Present, and Future Trends in Policing: Development and Operations
- Evaluate past, present, and future trends pertaining to the continuing development and operation of the field of policing.
- Analyze the organizational management, administration, and operational aspects of policing.
- Examine perspectives of the policing function from the local, state, and federal organizational levels.
- Identify possible future changes in laws and the impact on the field of policing.
Major Global Crimes and Criminal Issues in Criminal Justice
- Identify major global crimes and criminal issues that have a global impact on justice systems and processes.
- Compare and contrast international criminal justice systems.
- Analyze the impact of cyber crime on worldwide justice systems.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.