cja444 | undergraduate
Organizational Behavior And Management
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Group Behavior and Processes
- Identify the factors that influence decision making in criminal justice agencies.
- Outline a typical decision-making process in a criminal justice agency.
- Describe the value of diversity in serving diverse communities.
- Describe the attributes of groups and high-performance teams.
- Identify the elements of an organizationâs structure in criminal justice organizations.
- Analyze the potential applications of the e-corporation, privatization, and competition in the criminal justice system.
- Compare organizational behavior theories and structures in increasingly multicultural criminal justice organizations.
- Describe the effect societal and organizational diversity has on criminal justice agencies.
Individual Behavior and Processes
- Compare motivation theories.
- Apply motivation theory to a criminal justice scenario.
- Identify organizational approaches and strategies for managing stress.
- Describe approaches to internal and external conflict management.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the communication process of a criminal justice organization.
- Describe the communication process as it applies to a criminal justice setting.
- List informal and formal channels of communications.
- Identify how leadership power sources apply in a criminal justice setting.
- Describe ethical issues related to uses of power in criminal justice agencies.
Organizational Behavior and Environment
- Describe observable aspects of the organizational culture of criminal justice agencies.
- Explain the dynamics of social, political, and organizational behavior that influence change in criminal justice agencies.
- Analyze techniques for managing the perceptions of organizational stakeholders.
- Describe the relationship between organizational behavior and organizational systems.
- Analyze change management strategies as they apply to criminal justice agencies and the criminal justice system.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.