cja484 | undergraduate
Criminal Justice Administration Capstone
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Globalization of Criminal Justice: International Perspectives
- Discuss the impact of cyber crime on worldwide justice systems.
- Differentiate the policing systems on a worldwide scale.
- Identify major crimes and criminal issues that have a global impact on justice systems and processes.
- Assess the impact of globalization on the U.S.criminal justice process.
- Compare and contrast international criminal justice systems.
Courts: Role, Process, and Impact
- Evaluate the constitutional foundations and safeguards and how they apply to the criminal law and adult and juvenile proceedings.
- Assess the relationship of crime, criminal law, and liability.
- Evaluate the diverse roles of the courtroom personnel and participants in shaping both substantive law and procedural law relating to the criminal justice system.
- Analyze the relationship of the courts of the criminal justice system when establishing legal standards applicable to the professional practice of criminal justice.
Overview of Administration of Justice
- Critically evaluate current qualitative and quantitative research pertaining to trends in the criminal justice arena.
- Evaluate past, present, and future trends in the interface between components of the criminal justice system and criminal justice connections with surrounding society.
- Analyze organizational behavior concepts associated with common managerial practices involved in day-to-day operations within criminal justice settings.
- Identify professional standards and values that apply across various components of the criminal justice system.
- Analyze the relationship among ethics theory, critical thinking, and professional behavior within the administration of criminal justice.
Policing Perspective: Theory and Application
- Examine perspectives of the policing function from the local, state, and federal organizational levels.
- Evaluate past, present, and future trends pertaining to the development and operation of the field of policing.
- Identify leadership characteristics and responsibilities within policing organizations.
- Apply prevailing theories of crime control to the policing function.
- Analyze the organizational management, administration, and operational aspects of policing.
Corrections: Contemporary Views of Offender Management and Treatment
- Evaluate past, present, and future trends pertaining to the development and operation of institutional and community based corrections.
- Assess the security, technology, management, and control functions within correctional environments.
- Examine correctional organization and administration functions that reflect operations and fiscal demands.
- Explain the various educational and treatment programs used in rehabilitation efforts for institutional and community corrections.
- Analyze the relationship among jails, prisons, probation, parole, juvenile and community corrections processes.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.