cjs221 | undergraduate
Cultural Diversity In Criminal Justice
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Diversity Issues in Policing
- Discuss public opinion about the police.
- Identify specific concerns related to policing particular ethnic communities.
- Interpret officer attitudes, police corruption, and citizen complaints related to race and ethnicity.
- Describe diversity issues in police employment and retention.
Diversity Issues in the Courts
- Discuss disparity and discrimination issues in bail proceedings, appointment of counsel, and charging decisions.
- Identify disparity and discrimination issues in courtroom proceedings.
- Analyze the use of jury nullification related to diversity issues.
- Discuss the impact of increased diversity of courtroom personnel on proceedings and sentencing.
- Identify explanations for racial disparities in sentencing and effects of sentencing discrimination.
Diversity Issues in Corrections
- Identify issues of disparity and discrimination in the application of the death penalty.
- Explain the significance of cultural diversity related to correctional facilities.
- Discuss the needs of special corrections populations such as women, minority members, and the elderly.
- Analyze the impact of diversity among corrections personnel on correctional facilities.
Contemporary Cultural Diversity Issues in Criminal Justice
- Explain ethnic disparity issues related to the juvenile justice system.
- Identify contemporary issues of disparity and discrimination in the criminal justice system.
- Assess whether the criminal justice system discriminates against racial and ethnic minorities.
Race, Ethnicity, Social Structure, and Crime
- Define race and ethnicity.
- Describe how disparity relates to discrimination.
- Identify issues in statistical data for different ethnic groups.
- Explain how social and economic gaps impact crime.
- Describe theoretical perspectives on inequality and crime.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.