cmc230 | undergraduate
Communication Processes: You're A Fine One To Talk
topic title goes here
- Identify effective interview strategies.
- Summarize the value of effective communication.
- Determine the effect of organizational culture on communication.
- Identify ethical principles for use with computer-mediated communication.
- Identify cultural factors of media communications.
- Identify how the components of the communication model affect mass communication.
- Describe the effect of mediated mass communication on consumers.
- Demonstrate a critical perspective in news interpretation.
Persuasive Public Speaking
- Identify best practices for persuasive speaking.
- Determine methods for building credibility as a speaker.
- Analyze factors of interpersonal communication.
- Compare conflict management strategies.
Informative Public Speaking
- Use appropriate transition elements in a speech.
- Determine ways to overcome fears of public speaking.
- Outline steps for effective presentations.
Small Group Communication
- Analyze the characteristics of small groups.
- Identify factors of effective small group communication.
Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- Explain the purposes of language.
- Identify gender-specific communication traits.
- Describe various uses of nonverbal communication.
The Art of Listening
- Describe the challenges and barriers to effective listening.
- Describe the habits and rewards of effective listening.
- Evaluate your personal communication profile.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.