Effective Business Communication – cmceu1000 (0 credits)
To be successful in the business environment, one must be able to develop ideas, express them clearly, and persuade others of their viability. This course offers students effective strategies to sharpen their writing skills in letters and reports by structuring their ideas logically, exercising diplomacy and shaping their arguments for optimal effect. Students will also learn proper communication etiquette and the need for professionalism in various forms of business communication. This course provides 0.8 continuing education units in two, 4-hour workshops.
This non-credit course is 2 weeks. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
Writing a Business Letter and Business Proposals
- Describe how to persuade an audience
- Identify how to write an executive summary
- Choose and Incorporate visuals into business proposals
- Identify how to write a business letter
- Identify how to write a thank-you letter
Writing Effective Business Communication
- Identify the primary audience
- Choose an organizational model
- Identify how to write a clear and concise email and IMs
- Identify how to write an appropriate internal announcement
- Identify how to write a response to routine requests and customer complaints
- Detail how to write a bad-news letter
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs) cannot be converted into academic credit. It is the student's responsibility to confirm whether or not CEUs/PDUs earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by employers and/or applicable licensing agencies.