Application Implementation – cmgt445 (3 credits)
This course will cover the process and issues associated with the implementation of a computer application information system. Topics will include the processes associated with sponsor and stakeholder approvals, end user training, technical staff training, conversion from existing application(s) and integration into the information system production environment. This course will also examine the use of development and testing environments and the testing procedures related to the implementation of a computer application information system.
Applying Effective Business Strategies
- Explain integration into information system production environment.
- Describe the prototype process and environment.
- Design testing procedures of a computer application information system.
- Identify sources of accessibility, guidelines, and standards of testing.
- Identify opportunities to maintain current knowledge of systems design, integration, and testing.
- Adapt an implementation to potential changes within the project structure.
Testing in the Business/Operational Product Line
- Identify benefits and challenges of out-sourcing versus in-sourcing.
- Identify business strategies for implementation.
- Explain the need for information development timelines and accuracy.
Aspects of Application Domains
- Define the types of business environments.
- Analyze principles of human-computer interactions.
- Evaluate approaches to integrating domain-specific needs.
Managing the IS Infrastructure
- Identify issues with managing the IS infrastructure.
- Identify industry standards to maintain configuration control.
- Design training approaches to maintain confidence and adaptive maintenance.
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing and design.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.