cmgt433 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Conducting an IT Security Audit
- Determine required documents and design criteria for combatting cyber security issues for the organization.
- Determine the requirements and individual phases for a successful IT security audit.
- Review how the rules of electronic data storage change the types of cybercrimes and the means needed to investigate changes or modifications to data.
- Identify new means of improving data safety that can be used throughout the organization.
Avoiding Digital Terrorism
- Identify methods to improve company awareness of cyber security issues.
- Identify the major methods of deterring network attacks.
- Determine how to use tools to evaluate best security mechanisms for dealing with both internal and external threats.
- Discuss and define how ethics plays a role in both conducting and avoiding digital terrorism.
Cyber Security and Regulating Organizations
- Define cyber security and identify applicability to private and public organizations.
- Determine the effect of bandwidth and connection types on network performance.
- Review and understand the legislation that applies to cyber security.
Developing an Android™ Mobile Application
- Define and understand current Internet security methods including secret key, public key, hash, and cryptology algorithms.
- Identify current threat actions including spoofing, high jacked session attacks and counter- or antiforensics actions.
- Review and understand major computer system operating systems, hardware, and software and how their features either assist or deflect possible attacks.
Casual Hacking Versus Illegal Activity
- Review current cyber security standards and objectives to help assess activity.
- Review changes in criminal behavior and how these changes require cyber forensic skills to determine negative cyber security activity.
- Assess tools and measurement devices for determining review and measurement of cyber activity.
- Determine the best possible flow control of evidence and documentation for supporting cyber security issues.
- Identify and understand the legal liabilities that result from cyber forensic attempts.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.