cmgt578 | Graduate
CIS Strategic Planning
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
IT Finance and Long-Term Strategy
- Link short and long-term strategic controls used by senior management.
- Explain ITâs role in planning, creating, and executing a technology budget based on a companyâs strategic plan.
- Compare, contrast, and apply the five generic competitive strategies.
IT Mergers, Risk, and Short-Term Strategy
- Analyze and justify the time frame associated with IT strategic planning.
- Compare the relationship among strategy, mergers, acquisitions, outsourcing, and vertical expansion.
IT Innovation and Execution
- Analyze the role of innovation in strategic planning.
- Analyze how to implement an innovation strategy.
The Role of Information Systems Business Planning in the Organization
- Discuss the role of leveraging technology in IT.
- Describe the types of strategic management leaders that are responsible for managing different levels of the company.
- Examine the use of a company mission statement and what the mission statement should include.
Current Status Assessment
- Describe the tools used to assess an organizationâs current strategy.
- Examine the organization's business goals, objectives, and their implications with respect to the application of IT within the organization.
- Explain the concept of the Value Chain.
IT External Environment
- Investigate an organizationâs external and remote environments.
- Analyze the reasons why organizations decide to expand globally.
- Explain the challenges of expanding to emerging markets.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.