Marketing Communications – com302 (3 credits)
This course provides students with the basic concepts and methods related to marketing communications, including communication theories and the communication mix. Emphasis is placed on the marketing mix variables of product, place, price, and promotion, as well as marketing communications tools.
Personal Selling and Direct Marketing
- Explain the sales process.
- Identify the role of personal selling in the promotion mix.
- Describe the types of direct marketing.
The Changing Role of Marketing in the 21st Century
- Explain the role of the Internet and of integrated media in an integrated marketing communications program.
- Describe how to evaluate the effectiveness of online communication practices and strategies.
- Evaluate the social and ethical aspects of advertising and promotion.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of Internet-based marketing communications.
Marketing Communications: Process, Theory, and Promotional Mix
- Describe the marketing communications process.
- Contrast marketing communications with integrated marketing communications.
- Explain how effective marketing integration improves communication.
- Identify the essential elements of the promotional mix.
The Media Mix, Media Selection, and Consumer Sales Promotion
- Compare and contrast types and functions of advertising media.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of print, broadcast, and support media.
- Summarize how sales promotion is coordinated with advertising.
- Describe the role of consumer sales promotion programs and objectives in marketing communications.
Public Relations and Branding
- Describe the role public relations plays in marketing communications.
- Compare the strategic functions of brands in building and sustaining brand equity.
- Identify the role of marketing communications in the introduction of new brands.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.