topic title goes here
Managing Communication in Groups and Teams
- Assess verbal and nonverbal dynamics.
- Explain supportive and defensive communication climates.
- Analyze confirmation, disconfirmation, and maintaining cohesiveness.
- Evaluate the role of listening in small groups and teams.
Maximizing Communicative Competency in Groups and Teams
- Differentiate between conflict management and conflict avoidance.
- Assess communication strategies for cooperation and collaboration.
- Evaluate the role of ethics in the decision-making and problem-solving processes.
Leading Team Communication
- Explain task leadership.
- Summarize process leadership.
- Evaluate leadership in groups and teams.
- Analyze the role of communication in leadership.
Principles and Practices of Communication in Groups and Teams
- Explain theories of group and team communication.
- Summarize the nature of virtual groups and teams.
- Identify research methods applied in small group and team communication.
Establishing Group and Team Communication Functions
- Evaluate roles, norms, and status.
- Explain the formation of groups and teams.
- Demonstrate interpersonal needs.
- Summarize variables in group and team dynamics.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.