topic title goes here
- Compare and contrast the different types of print media.
- Explain the development and effect of print media on advertising over time.
- Identify challenges associated with creating print media.
- Analyze the transitional period that print media is entering and the challenges ahead.
Elements of a Good Message
- Summarize the effect of media convergence on contemporary advertising.
- Differentiate message strategy from advertising strategy.
- Determine when and how to use the different types of advertising mediums to support an organization's goals.
- Create an advertisement.
Communication and Information Management
- Identify the seven trends that characterize modern mass media.
- Compare the functional and the critical or cultural approaches to classifying mass communication.
- Summarize steps in advertising research.
- Determine the effect of media technologies on culture and society throughout the history of communication.
- Compare and contrast the different types of electronic media.
- Explain the development and impact of electronic media on advertising over time.
- Compare the advantages and drawbacks of electronic media as an advertising medium.
Technology and Ethics
- Explain how the emergence of digital media has changed advertising.
- Summarize ethical principles as they relate to advertising and media.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.