This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Evaluate the impact of the Internet on communication in society.
- Assess the impact of recordings on society.
- Analyze the role of radio in mass communication.
- Explain the influence of movies on society.
- Critique the role of television in mass communication.
Information, Persuasion, and Mass Communication
- Analyze the impact of electronic news.
- Assess the influence of the practice of public relations.
- Critique the role of advertising in contemporary society.
- Summarize the historical and current impact of newspapers on society.
- Explain the historical and contemporary roles of books.
- Assess the past, present, and future of magazines in society.
Mass Media in the Communication Context
- Summarize the roles of mass communication in global society.
- Explain media literacy.
- Analyze contemporary media industries.
- Critique the rights and responsibilities of the mass media.
Research in Mass Communication
- Summarize the history of modern media research.
- Assess the role of research in contemporary mass communication.
- Critique issues and controversies in contemporary mass communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.