Organizational Communication –
This course examines various theoretical frameworks necessary for effective organizational communication. It analyzes the application of communication strategies within organizations in terms of their effectiveness. It provides the infrastructure necessary for the creation and maintenance of successful communication strategies in organizations.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Organizational Communication in Context
- Summarize the nature of organizational communication.
- Explain the role of communication in administration and supervision.
- Analyze barriers to effective communication within organizations.
- Critique personality factor in organizational communication.
Organizational Communication, Managers, and Leaders
- Assess the role of organizational orientation in effective communication.
- Assess the impact of managers and leaders upon communication.
- Evaluate the impact of organizational communication in decision making.
Strategic Organizational Communication in Context
- Identify the nature of strategic organizational communication.
- Summarize means of strategic organizational communication.
- Explain approaches to traditional strategies for organizing.
The Role of Organizational Themes
- Analyze relational themes of organizing for communication.
- Critique cultural themes of organizing for communication.
- Assess network themes of organizing for communication.
Issues and Solutions in Organizational Communication
- Identify alternative strategies of organizing for communication.
- Summarize the interaction of power, politics, and organizational communication.
- Explain the interaction of decision making, conflict, and organizational communication.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.