com403 | undergraduate
Contemporary Communication In A Diverse Society
topic title goes here
Communication and Cultures
- Identify different ways of communicating.
- Describe the stages of the communication process within a multicultural society.
- Evaluate the impact of technology on human communication across cultures.
Communication and Conflict
- Explain solutions for conflict in communication.
- Analyze how individuals create co-cultures within a multicultural society.
- Describe how individuals identify with co-cultures within a multicultural society.
Multicultural Communication and Genders
- Compare communication styles between genders within a multicultural society.
- Identify barriers to interpersonal communication between genders in a multicultural environment.
- Analyze characteristics of effective multicultural communication between genders.
Communication and Racial or Ethnic Groups
- Explain the importance of multicultural communication.
- Describe ways to promote effective multicultural communication.
- Analyze strategies to overcome communication barriers between racial or ethnic groups.
Cultural Norms in Communication
- Evaluate how cultural norms affect communication within a multicultural society.
- Analyze the effect of prejudice and stereotypes on societal communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.