This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Interpersonal Communication in Professional Settings
- Evaluate strategies to improve listening skills in business situations.
- Explain the role of manager as conflict mediator.
- Determine strategies for avoiding inappropriate forms of communication among employees.
- Describe potential issues with verbal messages and nonverbal behavior in the workplace.
Managerial Interviews and One-on-One Meetings
- Describe the types of meetings in which managers and leaders participate.
- Distinguish between forms of listening that managers and leaders use in meetings.
- Determine strategies for communication in performance-based meetings.
Communication for Leading Groups and Managing Meetings
- Evaluate the role of effective communication when forming and leading small groups and teams in the workplace.
- Describe effective communication strategies when working in groups and teams.
- Determine communication strategies for planning and facilitating effective meetings.
- Explain the role of manager as meeting facilitator.
Presentations in Business and Professional Settings
- Distinguish between types of business presentations and reasons for giving them.
- Analyze approaches for developing effective business presentations.
- Explain the role of manager as crisis team leader and media liaison.
- Determine how to deliver effective business presentations.
The Nature of Workplace Communication
- Summarize the role played by formal and informal networks in communication.
- Clarify the relationship between culture and communication.
- Explain the role of manager as communication coach.
- Explain the unique nature of business communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.