topic title goes here
Journalism and the Law
- Evaluate journalists' legal rights to gather information in the process of public communication.
- Explain the legal doctrines and controversies related to journalists' protection of sources of information.
Legal Foundations for Communication Law
- Summarize the American judicial system.
- Explain the First Amendment to the U.S.Constitution.
- Assess the judicial doctrine of prior restraint.
The Public's Right to Know; Law and Sexually Explicit Communication
- Analyze the legal balance involved in protecting the free press and ensuring fair trials.
- Critique the regulation of sexually explicit material as forms of communication and commerce.
Copyright; Advertising; Technology and the Law
- Analyze the role of copyright law in the protection of intellectual property.
- Critique the regulation of commercial speech and advertising.
- Evaluate the regulation of technologically mediated communication.
Libel; Invasion of Privacy
- Critique the legal doctrines that now address invasion of privacy as legal communication issue.
- Analyze the concept of libel and its application in communication law.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.